What's new

A change of hats.

Hello! Recently the server has been completely dead. This was due to many factors but mainly a lack of content and the will to get it on the server. With me taking over Kwoon's old position as head management i am confident we can get some content rolling on the server.
Please bare with us as we develop these additions to the server. If you have any suggestions we are definitely all ears! I hope that with this change of hats we can bring TDRP back to a slightly nostalgic yet new feeling! There's going to be some changes over the next few weeks in terms of rules & regulations as well as staff & staff structure.

The reason the server is so dead is because you didn't care for the regulars. You constantly wiped the server and never compensated us for anything.
Regulars were the reason the server was so popular, because they made the server a fun place. Constantly interacting with every new player and as a result new players turned into regulars. When you chose to wipe the servers over and over, regulars lost everything they worked hard for, then when they rebuilt what they had lost it was taken away again and again. We got tired of it.

Private classes that were bought with real money or earned were never compensated for. Rare items that were bought or earned were never compensated for.
Regulars were completely ignored, and as a result the server became one of the best to one of the worst.

Some on here may recognize me, some not. I consider myself a regular because I felt as if I was a big part of the TDRP community. I felt like I belonged here, I knew nearly everyone. I've always missed this community, it was the people that made it fun, not the "roleplay." I've always wanted to come back too, but everything that I worked hard for is gone, and I bet everyone else feels that way.

Things will never go back to how they were; You've done irreversible damage to the community, and your server as a whole.
Your best bet is getting you regulars back, compensating them with their in-game items back. Giving them a reason to play again, showing them you care.

If you want us back, we need a reason to be back.

Sincerely, Joseph Schmo.

Last edited:
The reason the server is so dead is because you didn't care for the regulars. You constantly wiped the server and never compensated us for anything.
Regulars were the reason the server was so popular, because they made the server a fun place. Constantly interacting with every new player and as a result new players turned into regulars. When you chose to wipe the servers over and over, regulars lost everything they worked hard for, then when they rebuilt what they had lost it was taken away again and again. We got tired of it.

Private classes that were bought with real money or earned were never compensated for. Rare items that were bought or earned were never compensated for.
Regulars were completely ignored, and as a result the server became one of the best to one of the worst.

Some on here may recognize me, some not. I consider myself a regular because I felt as if I was a big part of the TDRP community. I felt like I belonged here, I knew nearly everyone. I've always missed this community, it was the people that made it fun, not the "roleplay." I've always wanted to come back too, but everything that I worked hard for is gone, and I bet everyone else feels that way.

Things will never go back to how they were; You've done irreversible damage to the community, and your server as a whole.
Your best bet is getting you regulars back, compensating them with their in-game items back. Giving them a reason to play again, showing them you care.

Sincerely, Joseph Schmo.
I agree with a lot you said, but the damage isn't irreversible, TDRP has a chance to strive like before if things are done right, got high hopes for Dan

Sincerely, Joseph Schmo.
I think you make some good points, there was too many wipes. i'd like to mention the thing about what you said regarding the rares & private classes. They were bought with Credits; and not directly buying the items. So refunding them wouldn't be practical or even viable considering the user agreement when buying them stating that they were non-refundable. Even if Tim did want to refund people we don't actually have any data on who owned what. As for rares, they were weapons that could be stolen & lost at any time. I don't think anyone had any illusions on that. I do however want to do something for everyone that did own/co-own a private class. I'll consult the community after the server is launched. I very much disagree with you that irreversible damage has been done to the community, I think there is a lot of people who only play Gmod to play on TDRP specially. With it's return i have no doubts we will have a userbase of older players; drawing in newer players. As a side note you've said that i did all these things to the server. I only Just took over as head manager recently. I was a player just like the rest of you back in those days.

Your grammer is also really shitty, try hard.

it would be nice since i did have tims class perm, along with 5 other classes lol but i didnt leave because of that the constant wipes was what got me