What's new

amendment of the rules?

I was reading the rules out of curiosity and most of the rules seem straight forward and logical other than two rules that really seemed to not fit TDRP. Rules 2 and 8 of the raiding subsection state that you must advert raiding/done raiding before and after you conduct a raid on another RP'ing player. This while seemingly convenient to admin or mods who might have to interviene later if someone calls out RDM or another rule I think does not make sense in a actual RP sense. Consider this, if I was a local crimeboy doing big illegal crimes why would it make sense to me to call the store or persons house ahead of time and say "hey just a heads up guy, im fixin to come nockin on your door in about 5 minutes to break in your house and rob/kill you so...you know....keep the door unlocked for me kthxbye"; I mide as well go ahead at the same time and call 911 and give them all my information and tell them im about to do illegal stuff and where to find me but ask them to tell the cops not to bother me. This would do nothing but put me in a new home with lots of big metal bars. The main take away I guess is a large part of a raid in a RP situation relies heavily on the element of surprise, if people know your comming of course their going to get ready for a fight or start destroying what ever they had which was the only reason in the first place of the raid making it almost a grey line of "well....he raided me but I didnt have anything!" and it would be quite hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the explosion noises of stuff breaking nearby in the raiders recording was the defender getting rid of his prints or weed or what ever it was.

just my thoughts though what do you guys think?

EDIT- TL;DR Having to advertise a raid and a raid finished would result in less than realistic rp of a raid making it less appealing, and may result in unnecessary gray areas of rule enforcement. Despite other rules stating you may not bend or twist rules to fit a specific situation to your advantage.

Last edited:
I think changing classes to raid is kinda dumb and does not prevent rdm, interrupts the gameplay. Maybe have classes that "cannot" raid advert raid and remove the requirement to advert a raid for classes that "can" raid?

I think changing classes to raid is kinda dumb and does not prevent rdm, interrupts the gameplay. Maybe have classes that "cannot" raid advert raid and remove the requirement to advert a raid for classes that "can" raid?
Seems unnecessary to me. There have always been classes who cannot raid, this is to ensure stability and civilian RP. Knowing that there are some who cannot raid you prevents people from sequestering themselves from every one else.

Changing classes to raid someone does not "interrupt roleplay". If you're planning to raid someone while you're a non-raiding class, you are already not roleplaying.

Seems unnecessary to me. There have always been classes who cannot raid, this is to ensure stability and civilian RP. Knowing that there are some who cannot raid you prevents people from sequestering themselves from every one else.

Changing classes to raid someone does not "interrupt roleplay". If you're planning to raid someone while you're a non-raiding class, you are already not roleplaying.
Didn't see it that way initially. Thanks.

Yeah I noticed the same thing. The biggest thing is that because adverts are RP eligible, it is sending up a beacon to police and people who want to use "counter-raid" as an excuse to shoot you while keypad cracking.