What's new

Adverting raids

Can we not have to advert raid anymore. There are countless people getting punished for not adverting raid. Can we go back to the old days where you can jus raid someone without having to take up a bind or typing it out. Honestly it kind of gets annoying and I think most people can agree.

Plus I don't wanna see "Raid" in chat every 2 minutes

+1. I don't see much reason for having this rule, if anything its pushing the boundaries of meta gaming. If someone adverts raid, people will automatically go to their base, if they care about whats in it, in order to defend it. Players from the old server, and beyond that have never had to advert raid in order to raid a base, they simply put the keypad cracker on, and went to it, its much simpler and I don't see what was wrong with it in the first place.

Tim

Staff member
Head Management
I think the idea that I'm going to put in place is a simple command like /raid while looking at someones props/base/door.

Basically what will happen is your /raid command will be logged like this: "[timestamp] Timthefunnyman has started a raid on Kwoon.

-This will create a 10 minute timer for you. As per the rules, you can only raid up to 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes is up, you'll be alerted and it'll get logged like so: "[timestamp] Timthefunnyman's raid on Kwoon has ended, it has been 10 minutes."

-This will create a 10 minute cooldown before being able to raid again. This is also a rule.

-This will create a 20 minute cooldown before being able to raid that same person again. This is another rule.

-This command will be restricted to jobs that are allowed to raid as per our rules. So, if you're a gun dealer and you try to /raid. You'll be notified something like "You cannot raid as this class! Please read the server rules!"

-If the person you are trying to raid is a Hobo, you'll be notified that you cannot raid that class, as per the rules.

-If you raid the Police Department, again this will be logged and you will have 10 minutes. You'll have a 15 minute cooldown before being able to raid the PD.

In my mind, it'll be the most efficient way to handle any and all raiding rules. Instead of making sure people are following written rules, it'll be enforced through a simple command. If people don't follow it, they'll be warned and punished accordingly.

How's that sound?

How's that sound?
That's pretty good, however you should just make the /warrant command start the raid timer for CP, as they have to use /warrant anyways in order to use the battering ram. This will also effectively enforce the raid timers, as most players don't start timers as soon as they finish a raid, they simply estimate, so this will fix that issue.

Good idea, +1.

EDIT: This command should include all props in a certain radius of the player or prop being looked at however, as some players have many props in their base owned by other players, which makes it harder to raid them as CP, since you have to warrant 2 or 3 different people for one base.

In my mind, it'll be the most efficient way to handle any and all raiding rules. Instead of making sure people are following written rules, it'll be enforced through a simple command. If people don't follow it, they'll be warned and punished accordingly.

How's that sound?
+10

Biel

Staff member
Management
How's that sound?
Amazing idea and can prevent a lot of issues. To add something on top of that, is to show current active raids with a simple command instead of scrolling back in the console/chatbox.

I think the idea that I'm going to put in place is a simple command like /raid while looking at someones props/base/door.

Basically what will happen is your /raid command will be logged like this: "[timestamp] Timthefunnyman has started a raid on Kwoon.

-This will create a 10 minute timer for you. As per the rules, you can only raid up to 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes is up, you'll be alerted and it'll get logged like so: "[timestamp] Timthefunnyman's raid on Kwoon has ended, it has been 10 minutes."

-This will create a 10 minute cooldown before being able to raid again. This is also a rule.

-This will create a 20 minute cooldown before being able to raid that same person again. This is another rule.

-This command will be restricted to jobs that are allowed to raid as per our rules. So, if you're a gun dealer and you try to /raid. You'll be notified something like "You cannot raid as this class! Please read the server rules!"

-If the person you are trying to raid is a Hobo, you'll be notified that you cannot raid that class, as per the rules.

-If you raid the Police Department, again this will be logged and you will have 10 minutes. You'll have a 15 minute cooldown before being able to raid the PD.

How's that sound?
I like it daddy Tim

How's that sound?
Love it